Our vision as a church is to show Christ in the community, so that Jesus is honoured as Lord.
This is because Jesus Christ is God’s King, who was crucified for our sin and gloriously resurrected as Lord of all the nations. We are promised that he will come to judge the world and that now he offers forgiveness and new life to everyone.
The purpose of our ministries is focused on three parts: meeting with Christ, meeting with one another, and reaching the world. As a result, our congregations are committed to meet the Lord Jesus through his Word in the Scriptures, and to respond in prayer and by sharing in the Lord’s Supper. That means we value straight-forward teaching from the Bible so that we may grow as followers of Jesus. We encourage loving service of one another as the body of Christ. Various Small Bible Study Groups meet during the week to read the Scriptures, pray together and care for their members. To reach the world, we have an increasing focus on reaching and serving our local community.
According to this vision, the purpose of our ministries are outlined in more detail below.
Communion – Meeting with Christ
We seek to:
- Honour God in our times of corporate worship
- Daily deepen our personal relationship with Jesus, becoming more like him
- Anchor all we believe, teach and do on the firm foundation of God’s Word
- Permeate all in prayer
- Be sensitive and obedient to the leading of the Holy Spirit
Community – Meeting with one another
We seek to:
- Encourage a strong commitment to regular gathering together as the body of Christ
- Welcome all comers
- Encourage all to participate in small groups
- Disciple believers to maturity
- Celebrate all of life, serving and caring for one another as a loving family
- Share in ministries as the Spirit equips
- Honour God in the use of the money, time, talents and possessions entrusted to us
- Value our Anglican heritage and membership of the Anglican communion
Commission – Reaching the world
We seek to:
- Engage in evangelism, proclaiming the good news of Christ the Saviour and making disciples who honour him as Lord
- Affirm and equip individuals to minister and witness to Christ in all situations through word and deed
- Partner and support others in mission – locally, nationally and internationally
- Demonstrate concern for society and the environment through individual and corporate action
- Participate in developing and presenting Christian responses to social and ethical issues.